Monday, December 28, 2009

Educational Background

I obtained my Bachelor's Degree from Delhi University, New Delhi, in 2002 and Master's (in Physics) degree from Department of Physics, Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi, in 2004. I also spent a year completing a Bachelors in Education from MDU, Rohtak and worked as a Post-graduate teacher soon after that, at Apeejay School, Sheikh Sarai, New Delhi. School teaching was fun..but not my cup of tea! :).

At present, I am working as a research scholar at the School of Physical Sciences, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, India. I work with Prof. Sanjay Puri in the field of Non-equilibrium statistical mechanics, mainly on Kinetics of Phase Separation. I use computer simulation methods (mainly Monte Carlo and Molecular Dynamics) to study systems in equilibrium as well as systems far from equilibrium. I will write more about this, probably later in this blog.

2 comments:

Musaveer said...

Hello Shaista(ASAK),

I am Musaveer Ahmed, I work as an HR in an Organization, My Aunty has Diabetes and is on insulin medication. I am trying to find alternative herbal medicine for Diabetes.

I came across the plant named Gurmar (Gymnema Sylvestre) through internet.

I even checked the Picture posted by you. (photographed at IISC Campus bangalore).

Can you please suggest me the instruction to use this and also if you know where can I find this plant in Bangalore.

Thank you in advance…

Musaveer Ahmed S

Shaista said...

Hi Musaveer.
Sorry for the late reply. As the picture says that I photographed it on IISc campus, you should find it there. But where exactly, I do not remember. I would find out about it if you still need the information. About instructions on how to use etc, I have no idea :( ..could try to find out that as well.
Wish you good luck and hope your aunty gets well soon.
Regards,
Shaista